Granite Square Theatre
286 Granite Street
Manchester, NH 03102
- In operation as early as 1932 (this is as far back as I researched it was probably open before that.) till at least 1949 (this is the furthest date I researched)
- Owned by Geo (George) Riel properties
- George lived with his wife Hazel at 57 Summerside Avenue.
- THe building later became the Anthony James Restaurant (late 80’s) and the Tong Ho-House (early 90’s).
- TIll 1934 was listed with the Empire Theatre as part of the ‘Neighborhood Theatres’. It is unclear what sort of business arrangement existed, but as of 1935 they were no longer listed together.
- Generally a second or third run theatre. Pictures were often 6 months to a year old by the time they reached the Granite Square.
The Granite Square Theatre (aka Tong-Ho House) as it appeared on 12/2006